Direct mail postcards have proven to be one of the most versatile options in direct mail marketing. They offer a quick, affordable way to create smart, condensed direct marketing campaigns. They work just as well in conjunction with, or in place of, traditional direct mail promotions. Most importantly, with a little creativity, postcards can break through the clutter and deliver your advertising messages to your audience instantaneously. Old-fashioned direct mail is hot again, but the “rules” have changed to meet changing consumer habits. To ensure success, you need to know what’s working and what’s not in direct mail marketing. Make a quick grab for attention while doing these…
- Drive brand awareness. Create a series of creative postcard mailings for campaigns geared toward establishing or strengthening your relationship with customers and potential customers. By mailing frequently, you stay top of mind with your customers.
- Send traffic to your Web site. Mixing online and offline media works best when you have a clear call to action and the path to information is simple to follow. Give your postcard audience a compelling reason to visit your Web site – an offer or announcement that will prompt a reader to act. Be sure not to disappoint your visitors once they arrive at the site. Make sure the offer is prominently featured on the home page or control and track response by creating a custom landing page dedicated to the offer promoted in the postcard. In taking your audience to your home page they often get lost.
- Advertise current and upcoming promotions. Inform your customers of your latest offer or upcoming monthly specials.
- Show your appreciation. Thank customers and donors for their purchases or donations and encourage a second purchase.
- Follow up with attendees after an event. Use postcards to offer discounts or educational materials or to promote upcoming events.
- Develop a strategic customer loyalty campaign. Build stronger, more relevant customer relationships with personalized postcards. Using variable data printing your message can be customized to include the recipient’s name, company and graphics geared to their interests.
- Generate more business. Advertise to prospects or existing customers, especially in down times. It’s cost-effective and gets attention. For example, in an effort to generate additional sales, a client recently launched a postcard mailing for a niche retail store. Each customer received a personalized postcard that featured several products similar to a previous purchase. The offer featured an extra percentage off the next purchase. Within four days of mailing, the effort generated an overwhelming volume of sales.
- Get into social media. Send your Twitter followers, LinkedIn colleagues, and Facebook fans a non-digital surprise. They’ll love it.
These days simple, efficient and creative will make the difference. Make the best use of your time and budget…postcards ARE powerful.