Graphic Design, A Consultative Approach
Graphic design is visual communication. Anything that needs to be communicated that cannot be done verbally must be put into some form of design that gets a message across. Take a second and look around you. The pack of gum on your desk, the magazine cover, the cute saying on your coffee mug, and even the typeface in a TV ad are all examples of graphic design. Graphic design is a huge part of your everyday life and you probably barely notice it, but imagine life without it and it would be a strange world indeed.
The Right Level Of Graphic Design For Our Local Traverse City, Petoskey, And National Clients
At Mitchell Graphics we believe the perfect product, campaign or image is a collaboration: produced by the sharing and shaping of a collective set of ideas. Our consultative approach to design and production brings your ideas to life, keeping your end goal in mind. Our offer is a partnership – from concept to completion.
Some of our creative services include:
- Campaign Planning
- Graphic Design
- Email Campaign Creation
- Mail Piece Design
- Page Layout from Your Mockup
- Web Page Design
- Logo Creation
Already staffed with your own graphic team? We’re happy to be an extension of your team when time is tight and you need a helping hand.
Here are five reasons why you should hire Mitchell Graphics for graphic design services:
- YOU’LL SAVE YOUR TIME You have enough on your plate already. Do you really have to spend time trying to come up with designs for your logo, brochures or powerpoint templates? Our creative designers can generate a handful of ideas in a short amount of time to get the ball rolling on your design project.
- YOU’LL SAVE YOUR MONEY Because we are a one stop shop for design, print and finishing services, we know the most cost effective ways to design your materials and keep your costs to a minimum. Save yourself the frustration of tinkering with the software you have at home, and leave it to our design team. We will create a proper file in our suite of software, that printers will not have an issue with.
- WE HELP YOU STAND OUT FROM THE REST Having a distinct brand is what is going to raise your business above your competition. Have you ever been torn between two similar products and decided to buy the one with the nicest package? Decisions are made that way quite often and people DO judge a book by its cover.
- WE WILL KEEP YOUR LOOK CONSISTENT If you’ve gone through the effort of hiring a designer, but try and mimic their work on your own, your look and feel may lose it’s edge due to inconsistency. We know which fonts to use where, will keep font sizes and colors consistent and ensure the overall look and feel of all your materials will consistently capture your brand.
- WE HELP YOU GET THE RESULTS YOU WANT Many clients have an idea of what they want their business materials to look like, but have no way to convey them. Our designers will be able to get through your list of preferences and ensure that your end result will not only look the way you want but will help you achieve the goals you set out for your business materials.
Basic time estimates for design projects:
Minimum of 1 hour per side
8.5X11, 3 PANEL, FOLDED BROCHURE
Minimum of 3 hours
- Minimum of half hour per page for simple text layout or templated project.
- Minimum of 1 hour per page for layouts that include more graphics, typography, or detailed text formatting such as tables or graphs.
Time can increase for any of these project types if…
- This is the first marketing piece
- No branding has been established for business
- Stock art is needed
- Custom art elements need to be created
- Copy writing or messaging needs to be done
- Typesetting the copy if not provided in a digital format
- Color correcting for product accuracy
- Info graphics involved
The Purpose of Good Layout Design
Layout is the base of good graphic design, so it’s safe to say that the layout is very important. What exactly is a layout or composition? Well, in very simple terms, it’s the part where all the separate elements come together to form a whole. When all of your type, your images, your graphics, and colors, come together to form one cohesive design.
Understanding the layout of the design is very critical for the success of the project. If the layout is not correctly understood, the message you wanted to convey will probably be lost and the cost of advertising would go to waste.
You could have the most beautiful graphic elements in the world, but if your layout isn’t eye-catching, readable, and understandable, all of that goes unnoticed or noticed in an unflattering way. A successful layout means that you have arranged, distributed, aligned and compiled your design in a way that not only looks good but is also highly functional and effective.
Health Department of NM
McLaren Northern Michigan Living
CHARLEVOIX COUNTY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
Crooked Tree Art Center’s Winter Newsletter
More By Mitchell
DIRECT MAIL MARKETING - Direct mail marketing allows for targeted communication with an intended audience using print. Popular products include postcards, letters, catalogs and more. Mitchell Graphics offers complete, in-house direct mail marketing services.
LEARN MORE >>
PRINT ON DEMAND - Print on demand is the ability to print static files on an as needed basis, often in small quantities, on a digital press. Print on demand often allows for quicker turnaround and reduced waste compared to a conventional printing process.
LEARN MORE >>
COLLEGE PRINTING - Mitchell Graphics has 40 years of experience helping colleges communicate with students. Our unique model enables everyone to focus on what they do best. Your college benefits from free consultation and complete project management. Put our college and university expertise to work for you!
LEARN MORE >>
MORE WITH MITCHELL
We build custom solutions for every client. See some of our work, and contact us for your customized quotes. From designing and printing to wide-format, merchandising and beyond, we're the "more" you've been looking for.